Victims First Emotional Support Service
Victims First provides practical and emotional support through the Victims First Emotional Support Service (VFESS) and is currently seeking volunteers in Oxfordshire and Milton Keynes to support victims of crime.
Volunteers will be supported by experienced caseworkers and training will be provided in addition to ongoing mentoring and support. The role will require some travel as volunteers will need to meet victims in the community. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
The role of a Victims First Emotional Support Volunteer involves:
• Providing practical and emotional support to victims of crime in the Thames Valley area
• Working to empower victims and map progress using an evidence-based outcomes tool
• Ensuring fairness, impartiality and equality in supporting victims
• Keeping a secure record of contact with victims and reporting to the Caseworker appropriately and in line with data protection requirements
• Working alongside a Caseworker to ensure the delivery of a high-quality service
• Committing to attending ongoing training, supervision, reflective practice and support sessions
Qualities we are looking for:-
• A non-judgemental attitude
• The ability to empathise with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Excellent listening skills
• Reliable and punctual
• Able to set and work within clear boundaries
• Able to travel within the Thames Valley
• Can commit to a minimum period of 12 - 18 months.
For more information or to request an application form please contact the VFESS Manager on 01844 487 989 or email email@example.com.