Independent Sexual Violence Advisory Service
What is the Independent Sexual Violence Advisory (ISVA) Service?
Our Independent Sexual Violence Advisory (ISVA) Service is provided by Refuge and available to any resident of Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire (male or female) aged 16 and over who has been a victim of any form of sexual abuse, including sexual exploitation and stalking involving a perceived sexual motive.
The support is free and available regardless of where the crime happened or whether the offence was reported to the police.
What support does the ISVA service provide?
The ISVA service work with victims of recent or historic sexual crimes to provide impartial and tailored advice and advocacy via telephone or face to face. The service can offer a victim the chance to:
- Talk to someone who understands what they are going through.
- Access support to contact the police and legal advice.
- Receive support through the criminal justice system.
- Move away from the local area.
- Go to a sexual health clinic for practical advice around pregnancy or sexual transmitted infections (STIs).
- Access refuge accommodation.
- Develop a safety plan.
- Receive help with financial situations.
- Find out about other support networks in the local area.
You can find out more about what sexual violence is by visiting our support page on 'Rape and Sexual Assault'
Refer yourself or someone else to Refuge
If you would like to get support from our ISVA service for yourself or someone else you can do so by completing the below form with the details of the person who requires the support.