Independent Sexual Violence Advisory Service (16 - 17 year olds) Based at locations across Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire

What is the Young Independent Sexual Violence Advisory (ISVA) Service?


Our Independent Sexual Violence Advisory (ISVA) Service, for those aged 16 and over, is provided by Refuge and available to any resident of Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire (male or female)  who has been a victim of any form of sexual abuse, including sexual exploitation and stalking involving a perceived sexual motive.

The support is free and available regardless of where the crime happened or whether the offence was reported to the police.

Support for anyone under the age of 16, who has been a victim of sexual abuse, can receive support from our Young Victims Service


What support does the Young ISVA service provide?


The ISVA service work with victims of recent or historic sexual crimes to provide impartial and tailored advice and advocacy via telephone or face to face. The service can offer a victim the chance to:

  • Talk to someone who understands what they are going through.
  • Access support to contact the police and legal advice.
  • Receive support through the criminal justice system.
  • Move away from the local area.
  • Go to a sexual health clinic for practical advice around pregnancy or sexual transmitted infections (STIs).
  • Access refuge accommodation.
  • Develop a safety plan.
  • Receive help with financial situations.
  • Find out about other support networks in the local area.

You can find out more about what sexual violence is by visiting our support page on 'Rape and Sexual Assault'


Refer yourself or someone else to Refuge


If you would like to get support from our ISVA service for yourself or someone else you can do so by completing the form below with the details of the person who requires the support.

If you are completing the referral form on behalf of someone else please ensure that you have received their consent to pass on their details.

Please note that by completing the form your details to the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner and Refuge and someone from Refuge will contact you shortly to discuss what support they can offer.